Mini Fitzroy Storm Glass 15cm
- Contact Us
The mini version of our popular storm glass.
The storm glass was a method of predicting the weather promoted in the late 1800s by Admiral Robert Fitzroy.
The sealed glass tube contains a liquid which changes appearance over time reportedly predicting on coming weather changes. Admiral Fitzroy distributed these storm barometers to small fishing communities around the British Isles. They were used to determine whether it was safe for the ships in port to set sail.
This neat 15cm storm glass adds a touch of seafaring charm to your room and makes an interesting conversation piece.
- Dimensions: 15cm
- For ages 12+
- Clear Liquid = Fair Weather
Murky Liquid = Cloudy/Rainy Weather
Crystals at the top = Thunderstorms
- Crystals at the bottom = Frost
Large Flaky Crystals = Cloudy skies, snow in winter
Thread of Crystals = Windy weather
► Same Day Dispatch
- We do our best to dispatch all orders placed before 11am AEST business days on the same day. Peak periods & weeks that include a public holiday excluded.
► Standard Shipping (Aprox 2-6 business day delivery after dispatch)
- FREE for orders over $99 (Australia Only).
- $7.95 Flat Rate for orders less than $99.
- $5.95 small order shipping less than $15
► Express Shipping (Aprox 1 - 2 business day delivery after dispatch):
- $17.95 Flat Rate (Australia Only) Heavy and bulky items excluded.
- Everton Park store. Ready in 1 to 4 hours (weekdays)
- Everton Hills Warehouse; Currently By Request
► Item Location
- Items listed as 'in stock' are held in our Everton Hills QLD Warehouse. We hold our own inventry and are not a drop shipping store.
Speak with a real person!
Our Everton Park Studio (Flying Fox Studios) and Store (STEAM Kids) office will be more than happy to help with your order.
- 07 3855 1528
- Store; 751 South Pine Road, Everton Park
- Warehouse; Unit 4 / Building 5 29-31 Timms Road Everton Hills