Crystals and Minerals |Discover Science Melbourne Museum
- Grow crystals using Mono Ammonium Phosphate (supplied) and salt (not supplied).
- Discover the amazing qualities and features of minerals that make them essential in everyday life.
- Find out about the factors that influence the shape and growth of crystals and examine the special properties of carbon while constructing models of graphite and diamond.
- Learn how to organise and catalogue your own collection of rocks and minerals beginning with the samples of pyrite and amethyst included in this kit.
- Mono Ammonium Phosphate sachet
- 100ml plastic cups and lids (2)
- Safety goggles and gloves
- Wooden stirrer and plastic spoon
- Amethyst and Pyrite samples
- Full colour booklet with photo-storyboard instructions!
Please read instructions prior to use.
- Suggested Ages: 10+ years old